Mahomet Area Chamber of Commerce
Dinner and Awards Presentation
January 29th, 2018
Mahomet-Seymour High School Cafeteria
This is an opportunity for Chamber member employers to recognize and celebrate your special employee(s) by inviting them as your guest or invite a potential new member as a guest. You will also have an opportunity below to nominate the “Business of the Year”. The criteria includes: community involvement, good stewardship, and active membership.
Heartfelt thank you goes out to the past board and an introduction of the new upcoming Chamber Board of Directors.
Business of the Year Award is given out to a deserving member.
Above & Beyond Service Award We will also be recognizing a volunteer of the year
Dessert Auction with donations going to the MS High School Scholarship Fund. Local businesses donate the desserts for the auction.
Thank you goes to the following: Banquet Committee, Catering by Mahomet IGA, High School Students from a school organization does the serving, and all the Dessert Donors for this year
Past Business of the Year
2007- Mahomet IGA
2008- Mahomet Insurance Centre
2009 – Busey Bank
2010 – USPRO
2011 – Walk Chiropractic
2012 – Fisher National Bank
2013- First Mid Illinois Bank & Savings
2014- Bridle Brook Adult Community
2015- State Farm-Darwyn Boston
2016- ReMax Realty " The Taylor Boys"
2016 Business of the Year Winner is ....ReMax Realty " The Taylor Boys"
They are quite literally a cornerstone of the Mahomet Community, and have been for more than forty years. Brothers Russ and Nick Taylor opened their first Real Estate office in the heart of downtown Mahomet in 1973 and have since relocated to the intersection of routes 150 and 47, building a beautiful new office in 2007. Longstanding supporters of both the community and its Chamber of Commerce, RE/MAX Realty Associates; Russ and Nick Taylor and its agents and staff have committed to sowing the seeds of growth and vitality in Mahomet through various projects and leadership roles, such as:
- Partners in the development of more than a dozen subdivisions
- Initiated the MSHS School Foundation Initiative
- Donated Taylor Field to the Village after providing its use for 40 years
- Funded MSHS Sports Programs through scoreboard sponsorships
- Participation in the School Mentor Program
- Sponsorship of Chamber’s Ladies Night Out
- Mahomet Auto Fest Organization & Sponsorship
- Sponsors of Mahomet Chamber After Hours
- Providing Mahomet Welcome Bags to new residents
- Provided Free Chamber Office Space for 4 years
- Assistance with Chamber Breakfast with Santa Program
- Sponsorship of Sangamon River Music Fest; Boys and Girls Club 5K, Mahomet Library Run
- Donations to support Mahomet Helping Hands
- Participation in Mahomet High School Homecoming parade and Sponsorship of Mahomet Madness (Basketball)
- Providing use of our prime corner lot to display signage/advertising for local organization’s events
RE/MAX Realty Associates; Russ and Nick Taylor, its owners, agents and staff anticipate many more years of continued support of the Mahomet community!